A summer barbecue wouldn’t be complete without a fresh crunchy and creamy slaw. Our editors love this authentic southern version, which is simple to make yet tastes amazing.
Classic Southern Style Coleslaw
Makes approximately 6 servings and takes 1.5 hours
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 large carrot, chopped
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cabbage head
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Using a food processor, gently process the bell pepper, onion, carrot, and parsley, being careful not to over process. Cut 1/2 of the cabbage into chunks and place in the food processor and process lightly, making sure the cabbage doesn’t become mushy.
- Slice the remaining cabbage thinly. Mix the cabbage together with the processed vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together and allow to stand for a few minutes. Combine the mayonnaise mixture with the vegetables and toss.
- Chill for 1 hour.