Baltimore, Maryland is a conflicted world this morning. The night after vicious riots injured dozen of people – protesters and police alike – the city is picking up the pieces.
While the full extent of the damage and lawlessness will take time to process, here are the highlights.
– Curfew remains in place and is estimated to be in place for a week
– Schools are closed today but may re-open tomorrow
– Over 40 people are reported as injured according to current counts
– Over 10,000 people marched peacefully yesterday
– Exact count of violent protesters unknown but likely only in the hundreds
– Rioters were seen cutting fire horses to ensure maximum damage from burned cars
– Over 1,000 were out in the street early this morning to clean up after the chaos