- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 large onion, chopped
- (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- (6 ounce) can tomato paste 3 leaves fresh basil leaves
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onions in the oil until golden brown. Add crushed tomatoes, water, tomato paste, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Let the sauce come to a boil, lower heat to low and stir occasionally until desired thickness. Sauce is ready when oil rises to the top. Skim off oil.