- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped 3/4 cup canned evaporated milk 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest 1/2 cup thinly sliced prosciutto 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 4 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the evaporated milk, milk and lemon zest. Cook and stir for 1 minute, then remove from the heat.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain.
When the pasta is almost done, return the skillet to medium heat. When the pasta has been drained, stir it into the sauce along with the prosciutto, basil, parsley, mint and Parmesan cheese; season with salt and pepper. Toss pasta in the sauce until the cheese has melted and a light sauce is covering the noodles. Serve immediately in warm bowls.