- 1 pound shredded Cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 pound butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black or cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces pork sausage, cooked and drained
In large mixer bowl, combine cheese, butter, flour, salt and pepper. Beat with electric mixer on medium-low speed. Stir in cooked sausage. Form dough into 1-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator or freezer.