- On the Website
- In email, text, notifications, voice input and other electronic messages between you the user and the Website or our
- Through our mobile and desktop applications you the user download, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by our Company or any third party
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It:
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and our Software, including information: (a) by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, certain pre- approved forms of government-issued identification, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“individual information”). (b) That is about you but individually does not identify you. (c) That related to the applicable property to be serviced which may include photos, videos, marketing flyers, disclosures, inspection documentation, appraisals, home warranties, homeowners association documents, covenants, pricing for comparable properties, information related to property, and any schedules, exhibits, attachments and information that customarily accompany any of the foregoing documents (“property information” and together with your individual information, your “personal information”). (d) About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to
- Automatically as you navigate through our Website or use and interact with our Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties providing licensed third-party software components incorporated into theInformation You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or Completing our questionnaires, this includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Service, subscribing to our Service, posting User Contributions, interfacing with our Service’s interactive features or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Service or otherwise reach out to our Company.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses).
The Service contains features that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials pertaining to real estate listings (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Service.
You can curate your User Contributions and determine which of your User Contributions may be accessed, emailed, downloaded, and retained by other persons using the Service. If you elect to make such items available, your User Contributions will be made available to others on the Service and may be accessed, emailed, downloaded, and retained by other persons at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Similarly, we are not responsible or liable to you for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by other users and accessed by you in the course of your use of the Service.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website or Software, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect (a) details of your visits to our Website and use of our Software, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website and (b) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
In addition, we may use information you provide to us to obtain additional information from our third-party providers for the purpose of providing additional features and functionality in our Service. For example, we may provide the address of your property to third-party providers through an application programming interface (“API”) in order to provide users with information about nearby home prices or utility consumption. Any
additional terms and conditions that may apply in connection with using Software features that incorporate third-party API may be linked from our website and may be updated from time to time. If you do not accept the third-party terms, do not use that portion of the Service. We do not control and are not responsible for the use of your information by any third-party provider.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Service and its contents to
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from
- To make available and deliver to other users the information (including User Contributions) that you have designated as accessible to others through our websites
- To submit to those third-party providers integrated into the Service in order to deliver certain Service features and functionalities to
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices, to offer you opportunities to purchase additional services from our third-party
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and
- To notify you about changes to our Service or any products or services we offer or provide though
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the
- For any other purpose with your
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business to the extent needed to enable them to provide such services. The types of companies that may receive personal information may include third parties providing: mail services (hard copy and email); identify verification services; hosting services; database management/back-up services; monitoring services; payment processing, and market data and information related to real estate pricing and home ownership
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of org assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Americans.org about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, including in connection with certain identification
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the
- With your
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Americans.org our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, identity verification and credit risk
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures available through the Service.