7) Types: there are 4 kinds of patio umbrellas that are available in the market.
– Center Pole: The most common type of patio umbrella, this type is held with the support of a central pole. It also has a frame to carry more support for the placement of the umbrella. A central pole umbrella needs a heavy support at its base.
– Crank and Tilt: This type of umbrella is usually used for large outdoor areas because it can be rotated in any direction to block the sun’s harmful rays. The design is similar to the center pole, but it has a crank device in it that allows you to set the angle at which you’d like to rotate the umbrella.
– Cantilever: A cantilever umbrella is the one that hangs on the side of its frame with the support of its curved arm on one side. This kind of umbrella has the ability to be rotated a full 360 degrees, and it is usually used in dining areas or swimming pools beside the patio furniture.
– Pavilion: This type is mostly used at beaches or parks since it helps in providing shade to the entire family. It is square in shape, and it is like an offset patio umbrella because it has support on every corner.