South Carolina is known to produce some of the finest barbecue sauce in America. We’ve found you a classic Carolina mustard sauce that’s tart and fresh.
This delicious sauce is best used on pulled pork, chicken and ribs.
Classic South Carolina Mustard Sauce
Makes approximately 2 cups
- 3/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Louisiana hot sauce (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Whisk to combine and occasionally while simmering for 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool before serving
Click the Next button below to see our editor’s choice Spicy Texas BBQ Sauce