Baltimore, Maryland is a conflicted world this morning. The night after vicious riots injured dozen of people - protesters and police alike - the city is picking up the pieces.
While the full extent of the damage and lawlessness will take time to process, here are the highlights.
- Curfew remains in place and is estimated to be in place for a week
- Schools are closed today but may re-open tomorrow
- Over 40 people are reported as injured according to current counts
- Over 10,000 people marched peacefully yesterday
- Exact count of violent protesters unknown but likely only in the hundreds
- Rioters were seen cutting fire horses to ensure maximum damage from burned cars
- Over 1,000 were out in the street early this morning to clean up after the chaos