- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, stems removed
In a mixing bowl, combine first five ingredients. Stir in chicken and onion; allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Soak wooden skewers in water. On each skewer, thread a piece of chicken, onion, mushroom and another chicken piece.
Place on a broiler rack. Broil 5 in. from the heat, turning and basting with marinade after 3 minutes. Continue broiling for another 3 minutes or until chicken is done.
Serve immediately and enjoy!