- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Champagne or other sparkling white wine
- 1 clove garlic, minced 1/8 teaspoon paprika 1/8 teaspoon dried sage 1 pinch ground ginger
- 8 ounces cooked crabmeat
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian flat leaf parsley, divided
Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat, turn the heat to low, and cook for about 5 minutes, straining off any milk solids, until the butter is caramel brown in color. Pour in the wine, garlic, paprika, sage, and ground ginger, and cook and stir about 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and the garlic is barely golden. Lightly fold in the crab.
Bring a pan of lightly salted water to a boil over medium heat, and drop in the pasta. Cook until just tender, about 4 minutes, and drain.
Place the pasta on serving plates, and drizzle each serving with olive oil. Spoon the butter-crab sauce over each plate, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.