This easy paella recipe is easy and tasty the first time around but even better as left overs.
Not only is this paella recipe quick and easy, it is super tasty. It serves up to 8 people which makes it great for a family dinner as well as left overs for tomorrows lunch!
Easy Paella Recipe
Prep time: 30-40 minutes Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 pound of shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 pound of chorizo sausage (crumbled or sliced)
- 2 pounds of chicken best (cut into pieces)
- 1 bell pepper (red preferably, chopped)
- 1/2 bunch of parsley (chopped)
- 1 Spanish onion (chopped)
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups of rice
- 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 6 tablespoons Olive oil (divided through out cooking)
- 2 lemons (zest)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed chilli flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch of saffron threads
- salt & pepper to taste
Easy Paella Directions
- In a medium bowl mix the chopped chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, oregano, paprika and salt & pepper – cover and refrigerate
- In a large pot or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir in garlic, chilli flakes and rice.
- After 3 minutes stir in the saffron, bay leaf, parsley, lemon zest and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, cover and then reduce to a medium low for 20 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir the marinated chicken, onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper and sausage for another 5 minutes. Then add the shrimp until both sides are pink
- Finally, spread the rice onto a serving tray or large bowl and top with meat and seafood mixture!
There you go! An easy paella recipe that not only great for dinner but can also be served as left overs. Even bring this dish to a potluck or BBQ and it will be a hit for sure!