This easy vegan tacos recipe requires 1 pot and only a few easy to find ingredients! Super simple, super Tasty!
This is the ideal recipe for busy parents or people on-the-go. These vegan tacos could be for lunch, dinner or a snack, depending on how hungry you are!
Not only is this recipe healthy and tasty, it’s also vegan, fat-free and inexpensive! Spice it up however you like, or simply follow along with our recipe! Either way, it’s delicious!
recipe of the day – vegan tacos
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10-15 minutes Servings: 6 tacos
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced onions or teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 15 oz or 1 can of black beans
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 corn tortillas
- Additional toppings: Avocado, tomato, cilantro, salsa, lime
- Boil water with taco seasoning and onions to a boil. Then add the vegetable protein and reduce heat. Once TVP has absorbed the liquid add the black beans.
- Cover and cook on the low heat and stir often. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the tortillas on a pan or in the oven with some oil.
- Once the tortillas are ready, remove the filling from the pan and build your tacos with your additional toppings!
There you have it, easy and delicious vegan tacos. If you don’t know where to get the textured vegan protein or a non-stick skillet, head to Amazon via our links for quick delivery!
Next up … Recipe of the Day – Homemade Tamales