The original cobb salad recipe from Bob Cobb himself was made in 1926. The Brown Derby restaurant in Los Angeles, California was where this classic salad hails from.
The salad, packed with protein and vegetables, is a meal all to itself. Just keep it out of the sun as much as possible because you want those veggies crisp and fresh.
The Original Cobb Salad
Makes approximately 6 servings and takes an hour.
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Divide shredded lettuce among individual plates.
- Evenly divide and arrange chicken, eggs, tomatoes, blue cheese, bacon, avocado and green onions in a row on top of the lettuce.
- Drizzle with ranch or blue cheese dressing and enjoy.
Easy enough and surely delicious. No need to fix what isn’t broken, the original Bob Cobb salad is a true classic!
We think you might be interesting in – Simple Ginger Chicken Kabob Appetizers