Blackened Tofu is not only delicious it is healthy and easy! This recipe will have you substituting your meat for tofu after the first bite!
If you’re looking for a new quick and easy ideas for dinner tonight, try blackened tofu! This vegan recipe is super tasty, affordable and you can serve it with anything you like. The crispy, spicy flavors are mouth watering, you’ll have everyone in line for seconds.
This recipe only calls for 3 main ingredients. You can decide whether or not to add some vegies or other side options if you like! Check out our Caprese bowl for an excellent addition.
Prep Time – 20-25 minutes Cook Time – 15-20 minutes 4 Tofu Steaks
- 1 Block of Extra Firm Tofu
- Blackened Seasoning (chili pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, oregano, thyme, salt, paprika)
- 1 cup of low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- Preheat skillet on medium heat
- Slice tofu into 4 separate sections
- Place tofu in a flat dish, pour soy sauce and let the tofu marinate for 15 minutes
- Add the blackened seasoning onto a separate flat plate and press the tofu into the spices. Rotate each piece until it is covered.
- Cook in a hot skillet for 3-5 minutes on each side.
This recipe has 13 grams of fat and only 130 calories for each tofu steak! Healthy, tasty and super easy. This vegan recipe can be customized our paired with anything you like! Let us know in the comments what you paired your tofu steaks with.